Saturday, January 15, 2011

Restart please...

I am training for a marathon.  This will be my second.  The first one I ran 4 plus years ago.  Pre-Husband, Pre-Baby.  Back when my jeans zipped up like they should.  Training has been a bit harder this go around.  I do have the most amazing stroller in the world, The Bob, which helps.  But with the weather being like it has been I try to find time to run alone without Pretty Princess (Pretty sure she thinks that is her real name).  And when I do my long runs, usually on Saturday or Sunday,  I leave the babe with my hubs or with her grandparents.
Today I ran 8 miles.    However,  I had only run about 10 seconds when I bit it.  Yep, bit it.  I got up to make sure no one saw me.  Should have known I wouldn't be so lucky.  I was at Lake Hefner and there is always someone there.  Thankfully the man on the bike didn't say anything to me since I sprung up and immediately started running again.  I waited until he had passed and then I stopped to look at the damage.  Bloody knee.  That's fine.  Doesn't hurt too bad.  Then I realized I ripped a hole in the knee of my BRAND NEW running pants.  I have never been cool enough to have actual running pants and then I go and rip them! NOT COOL!!  Oh well, guess I get to sew them up.  Adds character, right?
I came home and spent some time with my Dad and Kayla.  He went home and then Kayla took a nap.  I showered and changed and then decided to clean my ears.  I mean, why not?  Some how I shoved the q-tip in my ear WAY farther than it needed to go.  Shooting pain went down the left side of my face.  Fail!  I took some Advil and laid down on the couch.  It's still throbbing by the way.
With that being said, I would like to restart my day.  Back when my skin was still on my knee, I had cool running pants and I didn't want to remove my left ear.

No comments: